Builders and owners have to comply with certain regulations for installation and use of lifts in India. Let us make it easier for you!
Electrical lift is an essential feature of multi-storey or high-rise buildings. It is mandatory to obtain a valid license for the installation of an electrical lift in residential or commercial buildings (with an exemption for lifts covered under the Factories Act, 1948), as it helps to ensure complete protection of the lift users. Lift license is granted by the Inspector of Lifts of the respective state.
Required Documents To Apply For Lift License
- Application on a prescribed form ‘A’
- The drawings of the Lift installation
- Experience certificates (Attested copies)
- Previous Certificates of Competency Class II issued by the board (Attested copies)
- Original Treasury receipt
- The application has to be signed in the presence of the Employer, or Magistrate, or Gazetted Officer, or Member of Parliament, or Member of Legislative Assembly, or Municipal councilor.
- One duly attested passport size photograph is to be affixed in the form & the second one should be properly attached along with the application.
- Two self-addressed stamped envelopes measuring 9″ x4″
The fee charged for the inspection varies according to the speed of the lift.
Validity of the Lift License
The lift license is valid for one year. One has to apply for renewal of license three months before the expiry date.
Necessary Documents For Lift License Renewal
- Copy of Aadhaar card of the Lift License holder
- Scanned Photograph of Lift License holder
- Safety Certificate obtained from Lift Operator Company
- Copy of Lift License
- Copy of the last periodical inspection
- Consent Letter
Benefits of Lift License
A lift cannot become operational unless it complies with all the safety measures. A license is issued only after inspection of the installation, layout plan, safety mechanisms, and safety gears is done carefully.
Repercussions of Ignoring Lift License
It is risky to operate a lift without having a license and violation of the safety rules. A fine will be imposed on the concerned person and the functioning of the lift will be stopped immediately.
Struggling with Lift License or Renewal? We help you to comply with the mandatory rules and obtain a Lift License! Call us Today! Dial – +91-9910256446
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is lift License?
2. How can I get license in Delhi?