We help to follow the necessary legal rules and regulations for operating a security agency in India successfully!
PSARA (Private Security Agencies Regulation Act) came into effect in 2005, and it regulates the operation of private security agencies in India. Anyone willing to start a security agency will have to get the PSARA license in order to run it legally. If the security agency has to offer its services outside India then it has to have the permission granted by the Controlling Authority that consults with the Central Government before granting such permission.
Required Documents For Obtaining a PSARA License
- PAN Card
- GST registration certificate
- Provident Fund Registration
- ESI registration document
- Registration under Shops and Commercial Establishments Act
- Labour Act Registration document
- Identity proof of the directors and employees
- Income Tax returns of the Directors
- Two passport size photos and PANs of the promoters
- Arms License
- Agency’s proof of address
- Affidavit related to security training
- Certificate of Incorporation (COI)
- The applicant has to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the government authorized training institute.
- Police verification
Validity of PSARA License
A PSARA License is valid for 5 years from the date of issue. It has to be renewed before expiry.
A private security guard or supervisor is not allowed to wear the uniform of police, army, air force, or navy and if it is done deliberately then the proprietor of the private security agency will be punished.
Benefits of PSARA License
- Helps to make use of its legal rights.
- Gaining trustworthiness of customers.
- Ensuring smooth functioning of the business.
- Gaining reputation.
Consequences of Avoiding PSARA License
- Anyone operating a security agency without obtaining a valid PSARA License can be fined and imprisoned, as per the judgment.
- The agency will be closed immediately.
- The owner will have to face the loss of reputation.
We help in documenting, preparing, and filing of PSARA License that helps to run a private security agency undisputedly!